The amazing growth of Emery Dean Toothaker!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, February 28, 2005

4 months old and cuter than ever...

I have some super cute new pics of Emery and have tried all weekend to post them on the blog but the program I use to upload them isn't working- arrgghh!! I will keep trying!!! The kid is doing just great, he's smiling and cooing and making googly eyes at his mom and dad all the time. He's trying to turn over but hasn't quite made it yet, but it's only a matter of time! He is much better about supporting himself now, which allows him to smile and talk while he's sitting up instead of the task taking all of his concentration. The move messed up his sleeping pattern a bit but we're getting back to sleeping through the night again- most of the time. In the last week he's found his super high pitched squeal, and loves to use it when he's bored, tired or hungry. I'm sure our upstairs neighbors love it. Ahh, that's what they get for stomping around at 2 in the morning- payback's a bitch I tell ya!!

The new place is great. It has been quite the job getting the place all set up with a little one to lug around all the time, but it's finally coming together! It has never taken me an entire month to unpack a place, and as you all know I am a pro. Both Adam and I have decided that WE WILL NOT BE MOVING AGAIN ANYTIME SOON!!!!! To make things even more exciting, my work has also been in the process of moving. If I never see a moving box again I will be the happiest girl in the entire world!! Adam says that a room full of boxes is what my own version of hell is going to be like. I can see that..... Anyway, the new building my work is in is just beautiful, AND they have free coffee, tea and hot chocolate along with free food 2 days a week. It's pretty cool :)!! And we (we being my fellow lab members) moved without killing each other- another success!! It will be good to get back to the science again though, moving brought all of our experiments to a screetching halt for awhile. Anyway, thanks to all my fellow cowrkers for dealing with a cranky sleep deprived girl for the last couple of weeks :)!!

We LOVE being back up on Capitol Hill. The neighborhood wasn't quite where we wanted to be, but I'm actually glad to be where we are. There is much more going on where we are at, and it's good to live in another part of Capitol Hill for a change. We walk everywhere now, and Emery loves it! He just loves to look around and check out all the people and action going on all around him. Adam and I have worked out a pretty good schedule, he walks with Emery to my work on his way to work, then I walk him back home. The weather has been really nice in Seattle, so it's been nice to be outside.

Now that things have settled a bit I will try to be better about the blogging- promise!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie - thanks for the update. Drew is teething now, infact his first tooth is already visible - so I expect Emery will be drooling buckets soon if he is not already. Drew has rolled over just a few times and we make a big deal about it each time, he must think we are nuts. glad to hear you guys survived another move, hope you are settled for a while
cheers,
rolf

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home