The amazing growth of Emery Dean Toothaker!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Emery update

Emery's had so many firsts since the last time I wrote I barely know where to begin! As you all know from the photos, we have started Emery on some solid food. Uncle Jeff got to be here for the monumentous occasion, and we both recorded the whole event on our digital cameras. Hopefully soon I can get that uploaded (if I can remember how :( ) and linked so that you all can see it. Its pretty long so good luck to all of you with dial-up!

Since his first experience with cereal we've been giving it to him about once a day to get used to the new texture and taste. He picked up on the eating thing pretty fast and loves it! Today I thought I'd see if he liked my steamed carrots. I've been ansy to use the cool baby food grinder that Mariya got us, so I gave it a shot. He liked it for the first couple of bites, then he got that scrunched up face and the gag reflex set in. It was pretty funny and cute. He hadn't quite made the connection between what was tasting so funky and what I was giving him on the spoon so he kept taking more mouthfulls of the stuff- ergo more face scrunching and gaging. Finally I had some mercy and stopped giving it to him. He was cracking me up, it was hard to stop :)!

I also included some pics of Emery's first friend, Maxine. Maxine is 13 months old (Born on St Patricks Day in fact- that must mean she's quite a lucky girl) and lives right across the street. Erin (Maxine's Mommy) knows Adam from Messenger World and they do play dates during the week. Emery is entralled with Maxine. I'm glad he's getting the opportunity to hang out with another little person, he gets to see what's in store for him in the next few months!

Emery's also bathing in the big tub now. Only with Mom and Dad, but it beats soaking everything within a 3 foot radius in the small tub! We all enjoy bath time now!

Dad's getting pretty ansy being at home, but is being an excellent Mr. Mom. Mom's loving having the kid come to visit her throughout her day, making work not so bad. All in all, our home is pretty darn blissful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home