The amazing growth of Emery Dean Toothaker!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, May 05, 2005

6 months and first tooth!

That's right, Emery cut his first tooth today- finally! After months of drooling and chewing on anything and everything he could get his hands on, then drooling some more, he finally popped one through! The other bottom tooth will follow soon I am sure.

Other firsts for Emery in the last couple of weeks- first taste of avocado. He likes it better than the carrots but not as well as bananas. First bout of constipation, surprise surprise. A little bit of molassis has set him back on track. And of course we can't forget his first night without Mom and Dad. He had a great time with Grandma Billie and I doubt if he missed us at all. Mom and Dad definately had the harder time with separation anxiety!

Our trip to Vancouver was nice though. We got up early and walked down to the train station. Everything was going just fine until we got there and of course THERE WERE BABIES EVERYWHERE!!! I tried to ingore them and look away, but they of course all reminded me of our little guy. I thought we were saved as we got settled into our car and noticed not one kid in sight, but of course at the last minute 2 families boarded and sat right in front of us. I just put on my headphones, took in the scenery and tried to forget how much I was already missing Emery. The train was delayed about an hour due to some bridge that was stuck in the up position, but we finally made it to Vancouver without too much trouble. We checked into our hotel, the super swanky Faimont Hotel Downtown, and got settled. My breasts were hard as rocks so I pumped while Adam went out and got some yummy lunch. After pumping and grubbing we went out to walk off the huge lunch we ate. We walked down through Yaletown and decided to rent a tandem bike. That was a blast! We rode from Yaletown, through Stanley Park and back again. The whole time we scoped out all of the places that we were going to take Emery the next time we go to Vancouver. Finally we went back to the hotel and got ready for a night out.

We had a good time out in the town, we got into a bar and had little 19- 21 year olds entertain us most of the night. Surprisingly I didn't feel so much old as just damn lucky that I'm not that age anymore! So much drama! We got back to the hotel by taking a pedal cab, a first for both Adam and I. Adam thought it was very strange being on the back end of the cab for a change!

Needless to say, we drank WAY TOO MUCH and had massive hangovers the next morning. We barely got out of the hotel on time, then had 6 hours to go before the train left that evening. So we dropped off our bags at the train station and trekked off to check out some more of Vancouver. We ended up taking the Seabus to North Vancouver and checked out the touristy but still very cool market they have over there. We also ventured through Chinatown, where I found Emery's Chinese horoscope. I though it was great that he is a monkey until I saw that monkey's have alot of conflict with tigers, which is my sign. It's a good thing I don't really buy in to that stuff anyway!!

The train ride back was the hardest. By the time we got on the train I was ready to be home with my little boogerbutt. Adam was having a hard time too. And of course we were in the only car that had kids, two 4 year olds and an infant about 4 months old. They were cute and entertaining but they made me miss our little guy even more!!

We finally made it home around 11pm and I had to restrain myself from waking the babe up to say hi and see his adorable toothless smile. Instead I just went into work at little late the next day so that I could spend some time with the babe.

In retrospect it was good to get away, and a good prep for us to go to Sasquatch this year. But I think we would have had just as good of a time taking Emery, probably better. So next time, the babe is coming along.

In other news, Uncle Jeff's 36th birthday is today- HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE JEFF!! Emery popped his first tooth to commemerate the occasion! My birthday is on Saturday. We plan to play it mellow and make a nice dinner at home. I can't think of a better way to spend it than to hang out with my super kid and his super dad. Laura is going to come over too which is great because we haven't got to see each other in a long time and it will be good to catch up!!

Better get off the computer now, Adam's getting fussy :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello fellow parent!! Laura sent me a link to your website a long time ago, I finally checked it out. Your little guy looks amazing. Since you live so close, we need to get our babies together! Especially now that you are in the neighbourhood.

By the way, I'm aslo a tiger and Xia is also a monkey, so we'll have to compare notes as they age so as to root out the truth of this whole horoscope nonsense.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well take comfort in the fact that Michael and I are opposing signs, he's a rooster and I'm a rabbit, and we have done just fine for 9 years now. Don't worry about it at all just love your little monkey it will all work out. I know we adore ours.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home