The amazing growth of Emery Dean Toothaker!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, October 28, 2004

40 weeks, 6 days

Sadly, yesterday came and went without an appearance from Emery. I thought for sure it had to be the day, it was just too perfect with the full moon, lunar eclipse, the Red Sox winning the World Series, Adam's Great Grandfather's birthday.... oh well, the birthing center was probably crowded with pregnant women going into labor last night anyway. I guess we can wait a few more days until things slow down there a bit. I didn't sleep well on Tuesday night anyway, I would have been way to tired to have a kid yesterday.

Today however would be a great day to have a kid. I got a great night sleep last night, I'm not nearly as cranky as I was yesterday and I have quite a bit of energy. I took the hill up from downtown like a true champ this morning, it felt great! Nothing seems to be happening though. At least last night I had some cramping that made me think that just maybe things would get started sometime soon. But today there's been nuthin'. The kid is already toying with me! But of course, he is our child after all.

I was so annoyed with having to come to work this morning that I decided to be defiant and not do a damn thing today, but I had too much energy to just waste the day surfing the internet. So I actually got some good last minute things done, like catching up my lab book by writing out results I'd forgotten about, cleaning out my fridge space, killing off the last remaining cells I had incubating, even throwing out that 2 month old tupperware container of cottage cheese I've been avoiding in the breakroom fridge. Now I can truly leave work today and not feel bad if I don't make it in tomorrow-although I know that I'll most likely be here anyway. Maybe all this energy is that "nesting urge" they always talk about right before labor begins. I'm afraid to get my hopes up. I just keep thinking about what Heather Pirus wrote me recently, "birth is inevitable". It's my new mantra.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birth is inevitable? Meaning the standard nine months?I don't know about that, Carrie - I recall reading in a highly cited journal ("The Inquiror") about a woman in Kentucky who endured a 10 year gestation period...the father was the late Elvis Presley (who isn't really dead, y'know). The paternity was established because the kid came out singing "Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dog"....Ahem - just between you and me - you didn't have sex with Elvis nine months ago, did you???

mdg (bet you thought this was from Paul, huh?)

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I hate to admit it, Andrea may be right going for 11/2. :-( I hate it when she's right. Especially since I tell her she's right a bunch already just so I can say, "Geez honey, I may be a Sophist and stubborn by nature but really...I tell you you're right all the time. *blush*".

She promises that she also means no ill will by picking the date so far out on the 2nd. *grin* She's got a "gut mother bear feeling", and DD was late by that much I guess.

So hopefully he decides to make his grand appearance no later than then. The poor guy may be starting to realize the pressure he's under with us viewing him as a blazingly bright spot in what has otherwise (other than my marriage and bringing two ready made grandchildren for mom into the family) been a real shitty year.

Love you and tell mom hi. The boyz are doing fine other than Lucky has the runs and I had to scrub his little bottom tonight. Maybe his "runs" are a sign, eh?

--Jeff

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home