The amazing growth of Emery Dean Toothaker!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Our little monkey

Maybe its the glass of wine I just had, maybe it's the Mommy hormones, or maybe I'm just premenstral but I just have to express just how much I love our little monkey Emery Dean. I can't stop taking pictures of him, he's just so damn cute! I hear at least 10 times each day "Kid, you're such a cutie!" (or something of the like), and I think the same thing at least 50 times more each day. I know I'm obsessed, I just don't care. Who can blame me really?

He's loving sweet potatoes these days, I'd give them a close tie to the bananas. Squash has also been a big hit, although he gets that scrunched up face at first ( I think he was expecting sweet potatoes). Adam gave him a bit of his first meat ever, salmon, and he seemed to like as well (which made Adam quite proud I must say- I guess the fact that he likes seafood makes him a real Toothaker). Today I let him gum some slices of apple and he loved it! Poor guy cried when I finally got tired of holding a soggy, slobbery apple slice to his mouth.

Emery's second tooth came in this weekend. Two teeth and counting! His cute little toothless smile is gone forever, but the tooth-fulled one that has replaced it is pretty darn cute! We finally go in for his 6 month checkup this Thursday so I'll let you know all of the stats when I get them, but I'm sure he has to weight at least 21 pounds!

In other news, I have finally gotten over the nasty bug that threated to ruin my 31st birthday as well as my first Mother's Day. I spent both feeling pretty crappy, but Adam was great and took care of me. I spent most of the time lying down on our sleeper sofa with Emery as he nursed and played- I can think of worse things to do! I am very glad that I am feeling better though, it set me back at work about a week and I'm still playing catch-up.

FYI- I have finished setting up Emery's college education fund and am working on getting the forms linked up to the blog so that anyone who wants to contribute can copy the form off the web and sent in payment anytime they would like. I seemed to have misplaced the form however, I'm sure it will turn up soon :)!

We have begun to plan our first trip back to Idaho and are so excited to show the kid off! We're going to be there over the 4th of July and plan to be there for a few days so that we hopefully can see everyone! We are especially excited that Adam's Grandma Warner is going to make a special trek out to see us while we're there! No one can refuse the power of Emery.... And yes, he's even cuter in person... Anyway, mark your calenders, we would like to see everyone if possible! We are organizing some events that hopefully will enable us to see everyone and I will let you all know the what, when, and where as soon as I can!

I really need to go, but before I do I need to relate this great story about Adam that Grannie Annie sent me after hearing about Emery's bull headed personality. She put it much better than I did, so hear it is!

Hi guys,

There was something in one of the blog entries that reminded me of the classic Adam Turns Blue story. Apparently, a baby can hold his breath when angry, will turn deep blue, pass out, and return to breathing quite naturally. If parents can ignore the behavior the child will probably never do it again but most parents respond! Thus, creating a horrific behavioral problem that can go on for years. It can be genetic so here you are:

When Adam was a little over a year old, I was learning to play bridge (in the evenings). Jeff was working evening shift. My friend's husband volunteered to baby sit, their son was about 4 months old. So he and another friend were going to hang out while we played bridge and the kids were supposed to sleep. Adam stood on the couch looking out the window as I left. When he fully understood that he was alone with Wayne and Skip, he totally lost it. He started to cry and somewhere in his crying he started holding his breath, turning blue. Wayne and Skip said they could hardly believe what was happening, no sound was coming out his mouth, he was clearly furious and then he began to turn shades of blue. They became totally fascinated and just sat transfixed as he turned deeper shades of blue. Then all of a sudden he fell over on the couch "like a big tree"; laid there a few seconds, got up and started to play. It never happened again!


So if he gets that mad, put him in the crib, go to the bathroom, lock your self in wait for it to be quiet. And you will be as lucky as the 3 of us were.

love, m/a

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home