The amazing growth of Emery Dean Toothaker!
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Still working on those photos!!!

Alright, the link to snapfish obviously didn't work- gggrrrrr!!! I keep looking at the pictures on the blog and think "he's so much bigger now!! I MUST get some pictures posted soon!!". Well, I'm still working on it. Until then I will email out a link to the snapfish albums directly to email accounts so keep a look out! If you don't get an email from me that means I don't have your email or didn't have time to type in the 50 email addresses to get it out to everyone, so just post a comment that you would like to look at the albums and I will get on it as soon as possible. I will try to get this done in the next day or two...

Emery is doing just great. Everyone comments on what a mellow happy baby he is which makes me even more proud!! I totally jinxed myself though on the sleeping through the night thing- he's pretty much wanting that 3am feeding all the time again. Oh well, it just gives me more time to snuggle with my favorite human being.... I'm beginning to wonder if my milk is still enough for him. He's needing more and more milk, and with working it is hard to feed him more frequently. I think we're going to start to supplement with formula soon. I've considered trying him out on cereal as well and will probably give that a try soon. The doctor said that its up to us on weather we want to go with formula or straight to cereal. I have just gotten over feeling guilty about not being able to produce enough milk to keep him happy so I'm just beginning to consider the options. It's been a real trial trying to keep enough milk for him. My schedule's a little too grueling to support the amount of milk production that he needs right now. Oh well, we do what we can!!! Anyway, any advise from all you mommy's out there is greatly appreciated!!

I think I have the most slobbery kid ever!! When you all finally see the latest pictures of Emery you will notice that most of them show the little guy in a bib. We've pretty much had to have him in a bib constantly since he was 3 months old. It's either that or change his clothes 50 times a day!! And just when I think he can't possibly slobber any more, the next week he's producing even more!!! In one day he can completely soak EVERY ONE of his 12 bibs- no kidding!! And he's not even teething yet!! I've found that the bibs with the plastic backs are invaluable!!!

This weekend Uncle Bobby and Auntie Kara are coming for a visit!!! I am sooooo excited!!! I get to go out and hang out with adults, and I don't even have to go to work to do it!! I am finally ready to get out for a night and do stupid adult stuff like go to smokey bars and drink myself silly until Rob and Kara have to carry me home (although the jury's still out on just who is going to carry who home...)! I'll keep you all posted on how it all goes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie, Toby started getting a little formula at that point too - right before the beginnings of solid food. If he's looking interested in what you're eating, then it might be time to start experimenting a little bit with cereal. If he's not quite into the idea, don't feel bad about introducing formula. Nurse him when you're with him, and have dad give the formula when you're away. Now that Toby's eating a lot more solids, the formula hasn't really been necessary anymore - so it was just a temporary thing. Oh, and Toby still nurses at least twice at night - so it's a normal thing. Especially for breastfed babies. You're doing great, momma!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home